NETRESEC has announced the release of a tool RawCap, which is a free raw sockets sniffer for Windows. What does this mean to incident responders and Pentesters. This means:
- Can sniff on any interface that has got an IP address, including loopback addresses
- No external Libraries or DLLs needed
- No installation required. the executable is self-sufficient and only 17kB.
- Can sniff most interface types including WiFi and PPP interfaces
- Minimal memory and CPU load
- First argument is the IP address or interface number to sniff from
- Second argument is the path/file to write the captured packets to